SECARD Nepal(Society for Environment Conservation and Agricultural Research and Development Nepal) is a not-for-profit, non governmental organization registered in District Administration Office Chitwan of Nepal’s Government in 2005.
SECARD NEPAL was established with the mission to launch the campaign and lobby works on environmental and developmental issues by empowering communities through awareness creation and motivation, training, research and other developmental activities.
Overuse of hazardous chemical pesticides and fertilizers makes the entire production system fragile and unsustainable. This put the human and environmental health under great threats. Promotion of organic agriculture through training, technology testing and transfer, is the need of present to secure a foundation for sustainable production.
SECARD Nepal is committed to facilitate and empower the rural poor in a way which involves them directly and actively in the development mainstream to improve their social, economic and environmental well being. Realizing the role of NGOs on such issues, SECARD Nepal aims at exploring, improving and integrating adoptable technologies to enhance and accelerate environmental conservation and sustainable development. SECARD Nepal believes in working with nature and local communities supporting for sustaining their future.
SECARD Nepal envisages a Nepalese society with sustainable developed and integrated development with promotion of organic agriculture and natural resource management.
SECARD Nepal’s mission is to bring about positive changes in maintaining ecological balance and overall integrity of the social system.
SECARD Nepal’s strategy is to work through community sensitization in developmental and environmental issues. TO aware community on the resources they have and their wise management on the natural resources without any negative impact on production resources base.
The objectives within the framework of its strategic directions are as follows.
- To implement environmental conservation and sustainable development programs through utilization of available human as well as natural resources.
- To formulate and launch the survey, research and awareness campaign on sustainable and organic agriculture and other natural resource management issues.
- To sensitize the people for maximum utilization of the resources they have without disturbing the ecological balance.
- To promote different approaches of sustainable agriculture like biodynamic agriculture, ecological and permanent agriculture for the restoration of the production system through training, research and extension.
- To promote organic agriculture particularly in high value and export oriented commodities